Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Read About It

What I love about this piece is that although it looks like they just used solid letters, they actually used what looks like newspaper design - which is just a bunch of words. They made the letters out of words that look designed like a newspaper, and I am assuming this is about getting people to read newspapers and just reading in general.

I like the 3Dimension of the letters, instead of them just being normal looking, they have them all askewed which not only brings your attention to it, but adds a level of work on trying to make the letters look right. This would have had to take a long time to design, and I think it turned out amazing. The reflection on the ground I think adds to the dimensional aspects, and I think the type tehy chose is amazing. it is really easy to read, even when its being smushed and bent from the bottom, it still pops out.

The idea and just actual finished piece I think words really well. At first though I thought that this was a book cover, and seeing now that it isn't makes me really interested in the piece because it makes me want to know what its all about.

No comments:

Post a Comment