Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Interesting Font Design

This I liked not because of the graphic elements - which are amazing - but because I liked how they didn't just keep the font 1 dimensional, they make it look like its popping and adding dimension to the words themselves. I liked that they looked smeared, and though you might think that this is using graphic elements, I think its just using more font to design the piece. I think there might be too many different looking fonts, the max is usually about 3 and they used different fonts for everything I believe. I don't know exactly what this piece was for, but it doesn't seem to convey any particular message with the font. I like the font they chose for Dom Joly because it makes the smearing of the font look very interesting looking, but they still used way too many different fonts. Each word is a different typeface, and even the number on the clock is a different typeface, which is just bad typography design. Though this is for typography, the coloration and 3d look of the water (or whatever the pink stuff it) is really cool and definitely adds to the piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment