Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Wellmade Design - Business Card

CGR 115



Once you put the logo into different applications it does make it look a lot different, and this is the business card they have for the company. The front of it I do kinda like, its very simple but still effective. It draws attention to exactly what you want, the logo itself. The front is very simple, they added the dot look which I like, but it makes me think of maybe a clothing company, but you can never account for what your design reminds people of so how I see it doesn't matter for the general design. They kept the coloring that they needed, the bright red for the font and the border, and then the darker color for the dots and the bottom of the logo.

The back side is a different story. One of my biggest problems as a designer is that I do not like white space, I don't like leaving big sections of my designs open unless that is the message and point of the design, so the back of this business card bothers me. I like the little red element in the front left, it looks cool but I feel like they brought absolutely no parts from the front to the back, these look like completely different cards. If they had put a border around both sides, added some of the dots, something, but the way it is just looks very plain to me and I don't like it. The front I get is the company side, and the back personal, but it just doesn't suit my taste.

It also doesn't look like the top of the typography on the back is not aligned to the bottom of the red graphic on the side which kinda throws me off. I know the white space can be very effective and maybe some people think that's a really well designed business card, but for my tastes, I feel like it is just very bare and doesn't flow with the look of the front at all. There also could have been some variations in the font choice, there is in the name and the info on the side, but non anywhere else which kinda bothers me, especially between the name and her title, she could have made the title lower caps and the name upper, having them both upper case looks a little weird to me. Otherwise, I do like the front and hope to see the brand carried to the website and other items.

No comments:

Post a Comment