Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Quality Assurance Travel - Website

CGR 257


For the last several posts, I have examined the branding and design of Quality Assurances Travel and now I am going to look at their website for both branding and for just basic web design.

This is their website home page. First off, it is way to cluttered, there are a lot of things going on and I know they put spacing between each item to add some white space and look less jam packed, but it still is a lot of information on the front page. I automatically don't really like white plain backgrounds, I think it could definitely look more interesting especially with the swoosh elements they have in their branding to begin with, something like that added I think would help. In their colors, they do keep them generally well, they put the blue in a lot of places, use the gray for the font, so the coloring isn't the issue, its just a very bland website.

I like the flash they have going on in several places, they have where you can click on the bus to see more information about its features, and I like that they have some information right at the top, but the quick links and section at the bottom looks awkward because they put an advertisement right in the middle of the page, and its an advertisement for themselves which I don't think works really well.

Their menu had some flash in it, the buttons looked cool and the extended menu fades into sight once you hover over a menu option, so the flash I like in this site, its interesting and grabs attention, I just think that with such a good brand in their other advertisement platforms, they could have done a lot more with it.

As for the brand, they did keep the brand coloring really good, they just didn't use anything else. They have their photographs of their bus which is part of their brand, but they could have done a lot more with their swoosh element which looks really interesting in many designs. If they have done a background with the swoosh, or added it to the navigation animation, it would have helped with the brand. If I look at this website and their business card, without the logo, you almost don't see any relation whatsoever. The branding and basic design needs a lot of work.

No comments:

Post a Comment