Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Quality Assurance Travel - Logo

CGR 115



Though this probably should have been the first post, I decided to make it the last. I actually really like this logo, I think its balanced really well. The swoosh design is easy to add into their branding in other elements which is something I have recently learned that you should keep in mind when making your logo. I like the color scheme and that they incorporated it into the swoosh design and into the typography, but there are a few things I don't exactly like.

The way that they space the word travel, though I like that it spans the entire word assurance, I think it just kinda looks a little weird. They make their entire logo look centered, but then they have extra weight on the right side. I understand that they were trying to add diversity to their typography by making the kerning larger which also makes it look more airy and lighter, I still think that having it spaced so widely looks odd.

The only other problem is that having the swoosh in the middle of the words almost makes me want to look at just Quality, and then stop. It disrupts the flow of the words and makes it look like its meant to be a divider rather than just a part of the logo. This is made more so by the differences in color and font. I think variety is important but I think having elements like this in between parts of your logo almost look like they are trying to separate them rather than continue the logo. I do think that it is a professional and clean looking logo and they did their branding really well over almost all their platforms of advertisement. Also what I just noticed when I put it into my blog is that there is actually a white outline on everything which might just be a bad cutout but it doesn't look very good.

No comments:

Post a Comment