Thursday, October 18, 2012

Magazine Ad - Houzer

CGR 115


What I like about this magazine ad is that its very class looking. The swirls as a shape for a divider between the text and picture looks very high class and it matches with the picture. Thats one thing that I think adds to designs, is using the pictures as helper in the color scheme. They drew a color scheme off of the picture and I think it ties everything together very well. The simplicity of the text and the highlighting of certain important words I think really helps the design and make readers pause to read that text. THe dark blue coloring of the logo mixed in really stands out because it doesn't match anything so it brings attention to it. THey also used a lot of white space to keep the ad looking airy and light, which I think is exactly what you need for a magazine ad. Also the slightly opac look of the dividing line adds more detail and interest. 

No comments:

Post a Comment