Monday, September 24, 2012

Green Tea Websites

CGR 257


My next assignment is to create a website for my Ocha green tea company. What I am doing right now is researching to see differ net website designs for green tea products to see what works and what I like and don't like. I am looking at color usage, organization, and typography. The first website I am looking at is Celestial Seasonings.

Celestial Seasonings

Their website uses a young, fresh design that to me seems very open and friendly. The orange is similar to the color in my own logo, and I really like the accents they used o bring out the color of the website. Their design is definitely interesting and young looking. Just looking at their website, I would think their audience is probably from about 20 - 40s. Its still young, but also able to be appreciated by older generations. Their website though seems to be geared toward younger Internet users. Its interesting and inventive, while not seeming confusing and taking away from their navigation. 

The thing I don't like is that they have navigation along the top, and around the bottom they divide the page up and have more navigation at the bottom. I think they should keep it all in the same area, rather than spreading it out. They did use a more peaceful, natural color combinations that speaks of fresh, young, new, healthy coloring to me. 

Mighty Leaf Tea
This company used a more basic look to their website, they didn't focus so much on the overall design and look, but on their products. The font they used I really liked, it is very natural to me, but not all their font I think looks good. They have a little orange in their coloring, but it is an overdose of white space around the website. They have a more basic looking site that I think is actually more confusing to navigate than the other site. There are just too many links and things going on, and not in a good way. They have too many things going on in their main page, and it just doesn't flow very well. I can't get a direct audience form their design, it just doesn't show very well who its targeting. 

I don't like this website very much, it looks to cookie cutter, not creative or noticeable, just come, get your products, then leave sort of website. I think I would rather make a website like the first one, one that's creative and good design, while still showing its products effectively. 

My own website I hope to make more fun, creative and noticeable since my age bracket is a little younger teenage to college age, and Internet media is the most affective in that age bracket, so I really like the top website, I think that is more the type of website i would like to make rather than the bottom example. 

No comments:

Post a Comment