Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Logo Design Work Company

This is the Web Design Portfolio of a design company called Logo Design Works. This company design logos and websites for other company's, and as I looked through their work I really liked some of their designs. What I think is weird is that their website isn't half as interesting as some of the sites they designed for others. Their website is pretty basic in its design, and what I don't works really well is the top right of the header, the first navigation section, along with the three little symbols in the top corner. I just think it wastes a lot of space in the header, and underneath it I think that though the design of the content portion of their website does work and flow, I just think it was an extremely basic and plain way of setting up their portfolio.
As a web designing company, I would have thought that they would have put in their best work into their website to show what they can do, to demonstrate their design ability and draw a lot of attention to their website. The home page of the website I think is the worse. I like the scrolling bar with thumbnails of their logos and work, but I think the rest of the page is just boring, unorganized, and doesn't seem to flow at all. The top has too much emphasis on the text, with no graphics or anything more interesting. They have a plain white background, with nothing but text on the page. I simply don't think this website shows what talent the company has. After looking through their portfolio of work, I liked several of the websites layout, design, coloring, and I think it looked professional but still creative. This site though, looks boring, uncreative, and just awkward. They could have organized the page better, brought in more color and structured it better.

Below and to the left and right are some examples of their work that I really like. They draw a person's attention, they organize their layout and look very professional. Though as I looked through more examples, there are also a lot of websites that are like theirs, very basic, doesn't flow nicely, seems like there is nothing on the page at all. Web design is a personal thing and there is always disagreements about what looks good to one person rather than another.






No comments:

Post a Comment