Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Screaming Face of Type

The only thing that I like about this piece is just that it has some good bending of the text to create shape in the face, but what I don't like is that in typography designed pieces, the text that creates the image should increase the meaning of the piece. The text should be made up of things that describe or are the feeling behind the piece. If this was made up of words that described the emotion behind the screaming face I would like it a lot more. The text being so big in the face I think works but I think it doesn't add as much interest. Especially the eyelids and the eyes could have been done a little better to add more interest and to make the piece seem more realistic and more interesting. I know that this would be extremely hard, and I'm curious about how they bent the words to create that shape and to show depth. The words coming out of his mouth I like, the entire idea for the piece i like, but I really wish they would have used words to describe the piece. The words streaming all around it is cool.

I like that they used different sizing for the font in some places but other than the basic sizing they didn't seem to use any other variations in the font. There isn't any font thicker or bolder than the other, its just the same font with bends and sizing differences. Even the tracking and leading seem to be consistent over the entire piece. Good piece though, good depth and shape creation with the text.

No comments:

Post a Comment