Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Guitar of Musicians


This is what I was talking about in one of my other posts. Though this definitely isn't the coolest object made out of text I like it just because the entire thing is made up of musicians and artists which I think adds more meaning to the piece. This is something I would like more than someone that just uses random letters and numbers to do their piece. The only thing I don't get is the red blotches on the guitar. I get that those are supposed to be pieces of the guitar, but why not do them in text with everything else? I just don't get why everything but those pieces would be text and yet they think that these random looking red patches will fit into the piece. The red knobs on top also would be a lot more affective if they had been made of text because otherwise it looks random.

Honestly the only reason I posted this is because I like that they used text that was relevant to the piece they were making. Maybe some would say it makes it too obvious, but if your using text to create something, than you shouldn't make it a complex puzzle to figure out. I like that they have their signature built into the piece also. The variations are good, not too much, but the coloring and fading in some places just doesn't seem to make sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment