Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Helvetica Neue - Swiss Design

So this is something that definitely interests me, I like this design so much, I think its bold, interesting, puts all the necessary information while making it still legible and interesting. I like the mixture of fonts and sizes and types. I am new to typography and don't have much of a frame of reference, but I think in a basic design sense it is well balanced and I really like the layout as well.

The very simplistic use of colors I think really adds to the bold look of this piece, it keeps it very simple looking, but interesting enough to pop out and grab your attention. I don't know if I like the dark red next to the light red but I like the how they use three lines an a bar code symbol to add graphical elements while putting most of the interest in the type variances.

This piece is very professional looking and good at keeping spaces between the words and the boxes that they are in, they used variations in almost every way possible for this one font. This entire piece is all in Helvetica Neue, of course since that's the point of the piece, but it shows how different the same font looks in different sizes and variances.

The only thing that is a little disoriented is the In war truth is the first casualty. Its a good quote, but the bold truth and different looking war kind of confuses me when it comes to being a cohesive sentence. It looks like three separate entities, not an actual sentence.

No comments:

Post a Comment