Thursday, September 6, 2012

Research on Osaka

CGR 115

Sanko Shrine
For Osaka, I started by looking at the different tourist attractions that visiting tourists would be most interested in. There are actually a lot of things that might interest a tourist, but what I want to focus on is the architectural buildings that are most stunning. What I am thinking of doing is almost like a skyline of buildings that are the most stunning architecturally. Japan is known for their unique designs, and I want to showcase a few of those buildings behind the logo name.

Osaka Castle
Osaka is also known very well for their bridges, they are a city of bridges. This is another part of their architecture that interests me and I think it would be interesting to maybe try a logo with this bridge shape included in the logo. I think it is an iconic part of Osaka, they are well known for their bridges and I think this is a really kinda interesting looking bridge, while leaving plenty of space for the logo and other elements in between the two big parts of the bridge.

The Osaka castle is a very beautiful building, it is definitely one of Osaka's iconic buildings, it is in pictures of all types, it is a huge building that is very old, and is a part of the history of this culture. It represents Osaka well, therefore I think it would be a good part of the logo, representing the culture well.
Osaka Bridge

Sanko Shrine is a part of the historical part of Osaka. There are many districts in Osaka, new age and technology parts that are for the younger crowd, then there are more historical place, such as this shrine. It is a part of Japanese history, the building an icon for the historical part along with the Osaka Castle. The architecture of the building is definitely one part of draws my attention, it looks like a classic building a tourist would see in Japan. I am focusing a lot of my ideas based on more historical Japan, rather than the younger age districts, though that will be a small part perhaps


These are all ideas I have had to include into my logo to represent Osaka well, though I may go a different path in my logo design, these are still important things to know, the research into where you are making the logo for means knowing the culture. Even if I don't use these exact structures in my logo, I may be able to tie them in later on in a different part of my brand or advertisement. 

No comments:

Post a Comment